Winter Maternity Clothing – Stay Warm While Looking Fab
Finding winter maternity clothing that is warm, comfortable, and stylish can be harder than it sounds. We take a look at some of this winter’s maternity trends and give some advice on staying cozy while looking stylish.
Maternity Fashion Tips for a Cozy Winter:
With pregnancy symptoms, tiredness, and an aching body, you have enough to contend with, without clothes that make you uncomfortable. Here are our top tips for comfortable and stylish winter maternity wear:
- Buying the right pregnancy pants will go a long way towards improving your comfort. Look for pants and jeggings with built-in belly bands. Added bonus: they’re designed specifically to flatter the pregnant figure.
- If you’re going to be outside in the cold and then in heated rooms, go for the layered look – long sleeved tops or dresses with sweaters and scarves.
- Look for Soft Knit, Like Marino: the last thing you want is maternity clothes which feel itchy and uncomfortable against your skin.
- Make Room for Growth! Ensure that any items you choose have lots of room for your rapidly expanding breasts and belly.
- Invest in a really good quality wool maternity coat in a cheerful color – it will become your new best friend!
- Buy a pair of soft flannelette maternity pajamas and some ugg boots – if you’re anything like me, you’ll be changing into them the minute you get home from work!
Our Top Winter Maternity Picks:
- The red maternity duffel coat from Momo Maternity – dress it up with stockings and a dress for work or down with jeans (or maternity jeggings!) for the weekend.
- 2’n’1 maternity hoodies. They have plenty of room for a growing belly during pregnancy. And, after Baby arrives, they have easy access for nursing.
- Long-sleaved tunics which flatter curves with clever ruching and funky details – like this one from Patty Boutik.
More to Explore:
Getting dressed for work while pregnant can be a headache. But, by mixing and matching five or six maternity basics, you can create a range of work outfits that are polished, professional, and comfortable. Check out our top picks here.
There’s no need to spend a fortune on your maternity wardrobe! Read our frugal maternity shopping advice here.
It’s essential to look after your body during pregnancy – check out our guide to what to eat (and a little bit of what not to eat).