Is running during pregnancy safe? What are the benefits and risks? At what point should you stop running during pregnancy? What if you’re not a runner but still want to stay fit and active throughout your pregnancy? We have answers to all your questions about pregnancy and running.
A Directory of Articles about Pregnancy Exercises
You've probably heard that it's a good idea to stay as active as possible during pregnancy? But what are good exercises for pregnancy? How do you know your exercise routine is safe? Are there any exercises to avoid during pregnancy? We've put together a directory of articles which will answer all your questions.
What are the Benefits of Exercise during Pregnancy?
Staying fit throughout your pregnancy is important for a number of reasons. Regular exercise helps to:
- Strengthen your body and build stamina for labor and delivery.
- Keep your heart pumping healthily and give your baby all the nutrients he or she needs.
- Prevent unnecessary weight gain during pregnancy.
- Make it easier to lose weight after pregnancy.
- Ward off pregnancy symptoms such as depression, fatigue, insomnia, cramps, and gestational diabetes.
Frequently Asked Questions about Pregnancy Exercises:
We often get questions from readers about effective and safe pregnancy exercises, which is why we put this directory of articles together. Common reader questions include:
- What are safe exercises for pregnancy?
- What are the benefits of pregnancy yoga exercises?
- Can I do core exercises during pregnancy?
- Should I continue running while I'm pregnant?
- Is it safe to lift weights while pregnant?
- Are there any exercises to avoid during pregnancy?
- What are the best home exercises for pregnancy?
We've got all the Answers to Your Exercise and Pregnancy Questions Right Here:
If you're looking for answers to these or any other questions about exercise during pregnancy, you're bound to find them in our comprehensive directory. We've got everything from pregnancy workout routines, to advice on pregnancy yoga, to tips for staying active when symptoms (like swollen ankles!) start to get uncomfortable. Scroll through and feel free to ask any questions:
Is yoga during pregnancy safe? What are the benefits? What precautions do I need to take? How can I get involved in a pregnancy yoga class? Read our guide to pregnancy yoga here.
Staying active can get harder during your third trimester. But finding ways to get regular exercise can help to prevent serious complications and keep uncomfortable late pregnancy symptoms at bay. Check out our guide to effective workouts for the third trimester here.
Staying fit and healthy during pregnancy is important. But it can be really hard to find the time. Check out our quick and simple pregnancy workouts which fight off uncomfortable symptoms and help prepare you for delivery.