Using an Ovulation Test – Information and Advice
If you want to increase your chances of getting pregnant as quickly as possible, knowing when your “fertile window” is and having intercourse during that period will take the guess-work out of conception. And using an ovulation test can give you and an easy and accurate indication of exactly when you’re fertile. Read on for more information and advice on how to use an ovulation test (and when to use one!).
- We want you to be satisfied! Please call us with any questions or concerns at 1-800-321-3279. We are here to help.
- Easy to read, digital ‘smiley face’ results. Constant smiley for 2 days after peak fertility is identified.
- Typically identifies 4 or more fertile days to get pregnant – at least 2 more days than any other test
- Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test is the only test to accurately track 2 key fertility hormones
- Clearblue is #1 OB-GYN Recommended Brand
- Clearblue is #1 OB-GYN Recommended Brand
- The Clearblue Ovulation Test identifies your 2 most fertile days, so you can maximize your chances of getting pregnant naturally.
- The Clearblue Ovulation Test is over 99% accurate at detecting the LH surge**
- Easy to read – unique digital ‘smiley face’ results
- The Clearblue Helpline 1-800-321-3279 is available for any questions or concerns
- ✔Specially designed for “trying to conceive” women to get pregnant naturally: These [email protected] ovulation tests give women a greater chance of predicting their most fertile days, even if their cycle lengths vary. Pregnancy tests can tell pregnancy sooner than a missed period. The [email protected] 50 Ovulation Test Strips and 20 Pregnancy Test Strips Kit are supported by the FREE Premom Ovulation Predictor App.
- ✔The ovulation test strips help to track your ovulation progression, and minimize the chances of missing your LH surge. Levels of hCG as low as 25 mIU/ml (FDA cleared) can be detected in 5 minutes. Results are 99% accurate.
- ✔Easy to test: simply dip the test in your urine until the dye rises into the result window (approximately 5 - 10 seconds).
- ✔Easy to read: Ovulation tests -- a test line as dark or darker than the control line indicates a positive result. Pregnancy tests -- two lines means pregnant and one line means not pregnant.
- ✔100% customer satisfaction guaranteed: Contact our experienced and professional customer service by calling 1-855-822-6999 or email us with any questions you may have. Refunds or returns are acceptable by brand owner, who is dedicated to being the best provider of home health tests.
- Clearblue is # 1 OB-GYN Recommended Brand*
- Typically identifies 4 or more fertile days to get pregnant** – at least 2 more days than any other ovulation test
- Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test is the only ovulation test to accurately track 2 key fertility hormones
- The Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test is easy to read – unique digital ‘smiley face’ results
- Clearblue is #1 Ovulation Brand recommended by OB/GYNs
- Identifies your 2 most fertile days, so you can maximize your chances of getting pregnant naturally
- 99% accurate at detecting the LH surge
- Easy to use
- For any cycle length. One pack is sufficient for most women with regular cycles. If your cycle varies by more than 3 days, you may need to use additional sticks to detect your LH surge.
- Accurate and highly reliable ovulation and pregnancy test strips
- Earliest detection, greatest sensitivity level: 25 mIU/mL
- Will work 5 days before your missed period.
- Results are over 99.8% accurate
- Accurate and highly reliable ovulation test Strips. Gives women a greater chance of detecting their fertile days, even if their cycle lengths are variable
- Earliest detection, greatest sensitivity level: 25 mIU/mL. Over 99% accurate at detecting your LH surge
- Easy To Test : Immerse the strip into the urine. Take the strip out after 3 seconds. Lay the strip flat. Read results in 5 minutes
- Each test is sealed in individual pouch.
- Clearblue Connected Ovulation Test System is clinically proven to double your chances of getting pregnant in the first cycle of use
- Clearblue Connected Ovulation Test System is the first and only test system to track two unique hormones and connect to your phone via Bluetooth technology with smart reminders based on your personal cycles. Typically identifies four or more fertile days
- Over 99% accurate in detecting the LH surge
- This product is intended for sale in the US only. App only available for download in the US.
- Clearblue Connected app works with most iPhone or Android phones with Bluetooth 4.0/BLE. To confirm compatibility, see the Clearblue website. The Clearblue Helpline 1-800-321-3279 is available for any questions or concerns. Phone not included.
- ✔ “GET PREGNANT EASIER THAN EVER BEFORE”: The FREE Premom APP will help you make the best use of this ovulation test kit quickly and naturally. No need to keep the old urine test results anymore! Simply upload your results to the app, then track and monitor your LH hormone level trend right at your fingertips.
- ✔ SMARTER: Premom is powered by the most advanced algorithm that incorporates all your fertility signs for the best prediction, including: ovulation test results, pregnancy test results, PdG test results, Basal Body Temperature (BBT), and other ovulation symptoms. With more data sources and history, Premom makes your natural family planning journey more successful by predicting your most fertile days accurately, even if cycle lengths vary.
- ✔ MORE RELIABLE: Your fertility signs vary every cycle as your body changes, and it can be easy to miss your ovulation. Premom minimizes the chances of missing your LH peak -- or misinterpreting the LH test result -- and maximizes the results efficacy for prediction.
- ✔ QUICK AND FUN: Dip the test, check the result and snap a picture. Premom will automatically align your valid test results for visible progression tracking. You can track and view your cycle, fertility window, and predictions at any time.
- ✔ OTHER IMPORTANT FEATURES AND SERVICES: Check out the Premom Integrated [email protected] Basal Thermometer EBT-300 and Progesterone (PDG) Tests, which are available at Amazon. 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed: Contact our experienced and professional customer service by calling 1-855-822-6999 or email us with any questions you may have. Refunds or returns are acceptable by brand owner, who is dedicated to being the best provider of home health tests.
What is an ovulation test?
Ovulation tests work by detecting an “LH Surge” – which is the higher level of Lutinizing Hormone in your most fertile days.
How do ovulation test strips work?
Ovulation strips are simple urine tests which measure hormone levels to indicate whether you are about to ovulate. They are very easy to use – just like a pregnancy test strip – you simply take a sample of urine in a container, dip the strip in, and then wait for a result. Quality test strips can measure levels of hormone and let you know you’re fertile two days before you ovulate.
How does a digital ovulation test work? Is it more accurate?
Digital ovulation tests are the latest tests and are believed to be the most accurate. They can also detect hormone levels earlier than most test strips – usually up to four days before you ovulate – giving you a longer knowledge of your fertile window and more chance of successfully conceiving. They also work with a urine sample.
How will I know when to test for ovulation?
Generally, you ovulate approximately 14 days after the first day of your menstrual period. As your fertile window begins up to five days before you ovulate, it’s best to start testing for fertile days about 7 or 8 days after the beginning of your period in any given cycle.
What do I need to do if I have positive ovulation test results?
Have intercourse! Experts recommend that it’s best to aim to have sex every second day during your fertile window. This way, your partner will be able to keep his sperm count high, while still providing plenty of chances for a successful conception.
What are the most trusted brands of ovulation tests?
When it comes to testing your ovulation to increase your chances of conceiving, accuracy is the key. Ovulation test reviews from real American women confirm that the following tests are as accurate as they claim:
- Clear Blue Ovulation Tests
- First Response Ovulation Tests
- [email protected] Ovulation Tests
All of these tests are available for excellent prices online. Click here for the latest information and prices.
Are there other methods to test for ovulation?
Yes. You can also track your ovulation accurately by observing and charting vaginal discharge throughout your cycle, or by measuring your basal body temperature (BBT) each morning. While both of these methods are accurate, they are not for the impatient. Your basal body temperature spikes on the day you ovulate, so you will already have missed most of the fertile window when you chart the spike in the first month. All this means is that you’ll need to do at least one full month of charting your BBT and/or your vaginal discharge before you are able to accurately identify your fertile window.
All of the products listed above are urine tests. Some companies also produce a saliva ovulation test. But these are much more complicated to use because they involve using a microscope. They are also not thought to be as accurate at measuring hormone levels as urine tests.
Is it possible to take an online ovulation test?
Not exactly. Of course, there is no ovulation test online which can actually measure your hormones. However, if your menstrual cycle is fairly regular, you can use an online calculator to estimate your fertile window based on the first day of your last menstrual period. Check out our free online ovulation calculator here.
Do you have a question about ovulation tests?
Remember, there’s no such thing as a silly question! If you’ve read the article and are still wondering something about how or when to take an ovulation test, it’s likely that other people are wondering the same thing. Feel free to post your question in the comments section at the bottom of this page or to send us a private message through our contact us page. Don’t be shy – we’re super friendly and we always reply!
More articles and advice for when you’re planning for pregnancy:
Making the decision to become parents is probably the most significant choice you’ll make in your lifetime. It can be hard to decide when the time is right and when you’re truly ready. Take our five question quiz to help you decide if you’re really ready to have a baby.
Testing for when your fertile window is the most accurate way to increase your chances of pregnancy. But there are also lots of ways you can improve your physical health and improve your chances of conceiving quickly and naturally. Find out more here.
Once you know when your fertile window is, and you’ve been having intercourse during that period, the next thing you’ll want to know is whether or not your attempt has been successful. And, you may even gte one or two tell-tale signs of pregnancy before you have missed a period or had a positive pregnancy test result. Click here to find out more about the first signs of pregnancy.