A Guide to Online Maternity Shopping
Online maternity shopping can save you time, energy, and money – all valuable commodities when you’re preparing to become a parent. Just think: you can browse styles, compare prices, and buy the latest maternity clothes without having to trudge through town on sore (and sometimes swollen!) feet. Also, you’re not contributing to store overheads, so online prices are often much lower. And, shopping in your pajamas is just plain awesome!
I cottoned onto online maternity shopping when I was pregnant with my second child. There just wasn’t much available in the clothing and department stores near where I live. And most of what they did have made me feel like I was walking around in a tent! Lots of people ask me, “but how do you know it will suit you?” and “how do you get the sizing right?”. Well, I have a few tricks up my sleeve and I’m going to share them today.
Tips for Successful Maternity Shopping Online:
- Use the big, well-known sites (like Amazon.com). Unfortunately, there are a few dishonest outfits advertising products on Facebook e.t.c. Thousands of people have been disappointed when something totally different to what they thought they ordered arrived. Or nothing arrived at all… don’t get caught out by the scammers.
- Look for items with free returns – that way you can pop them back in the post if they’re not what you expected.
- Read sizing guides carefully – most maternity brands base their sizes on your pre-pregnancy size. But not all – some are sized on current measurements. Check carefully to avoid disappointment.
- Don’t just check the star ratings – read the reviews. Oftentimes, you can find reviews from people with a similar style or body shape to you. Sometimes people post photos of what the item actually looks like on. And sometimes there are negative reviews from people who obviously didn’t read the description, which unfairly drags the star rating down.
- Pop items in your virtual shopping cart, leave them there over night and have another look in the morning. Do you still want/need this item? Online shopping is an excellent way to avoid impulse buying!
- Find a brand you like and order several items at the same time – you’ll save a bundle on shipping!
Ready to start comparing prices, brands, and styles? Check out the huge range of stylish maternity clothes on Amazon.com. Or, if you’d like to read comprehensive reviews of products before you click “add to basket”, check out hundreds of product reviews written by our readers right here.
More to Explore:
Boho goddess? Classic chic? Active Mom-to-be? Developing a pregnancy style can really help give you direction when you’re shopping for maternity clothes. This post outlines some of the latest styles and suggests a few cute maternity clothes.
Stay cool and look hot with our summer pregnancy clothes tips.
Look sharp in the office without spending a fortune by mixing and matching five or six basic items to create different outfits.