Is Cycling Safe During Pregnancy?
Lately, we’ve had a few readers ask us about whether cycling during pregnancy is a safe and effective exercise. So we thought we’d do some research and find out what the experts and obstetricians have to say. We’ll look at both outdoor cycling and stationary cycling during pregnancy. Read on to find out more.
Riding Your Bike While Pregnant:
If you’re already a proficient cyclist, there’s no reason to stop riding a bike during pregnancy. The exercise and fresh air will help keep symptoms at bay and allow you to sleep better. However, you should keep these simple tips in mind every time you go for a ride:
1. Consult Your Professionals:
You don’t have to ask permission to ride your bike – you’re a grown women! But it is a good idea to keep your pregnancy professionals informed about your level of exercise. If a heart rate condition or a placental complication (such as placenta previa) were to develop, your doctor may advise against cycling.
2. Listen to your body:
If you’re a serious cyclist, you may have a tendency to push your body hard to get the results you’re aiming for. That’s fine when you’re not pregnant but it’s a concern when you are. Listen to your body and do not allow yourself to become breathless (your baby is getting oxygen from you!), dehydrated, exhausted, or sore.
3. Put safety first:
There is always a risk of injury from falling or collision when you’re cycling and you want to minimize that risk as much as possible when you’re pregnant. It might not be the best time to prove you’re a downhill dare-devil.
4. Go with a friend:
One way to ensure that you’re safe and that help is available if anything goes wrong is to avoid going out cycling alone. Take a friend and make a nice social day of it.
5. Be aware of your center of gravity:
Your body is changing rapidly and your center of gravity will have changed. As gravity affects balance and cycling involves balancing on a two-wheeled contraption, this is definitely something to bear in mind!
Cycling During Pregnancy if You’re New to Cycling:
If you are not an experienced cyclist, pregnancy probably isn’t the best time to take it up! There is always a falling risk when you’re cycling and you’d never forgive yourself if you had an accident that harmed you or the baby. Additionally, cycling requires strengthening a whole different set of muscles than other exercises and you don’t want to worsen uncomfortable pregnancy symptoms by embarking on an entirely new exercise routine. Staying active is important but you’re better off continuing with familiar forms of exercise during pregnancy, rather that putting your body under unnecessary stress.
Stationary Cycling During Pregnancy:
Stationary cycling has fewer risks attached to it than road or mountain biking do. You’re inside, you’re in a controlled environment, and there is much less chance of a falling or collision accident. Nevertheless, as with any exercise during pregnancy, there are precautions you should take. These include staying hydrated, keeping your heart rate at a safe level, and being aware of any uncomfortable symptoms which develop while you’re exercising. Keep your pregnancy professionals in the loop about your exercise routine and be gentle on your body – remember that it’s working hard to grow a baby and may not be able to do everything it could before your pregnancy.
- ✅ 【SMOOTH STATIONARY BIKE】35lbs flywheel and heavy-duty steel frame of the exercise bike guarantee the stability while cycling. The belt driven system provides a smoother and quieter ride than chain transport. It won't disturb your apartment neighbors or sleeping kids.
- ✅ 【PERSONALIZED FIT SPIN BIKE】2-ways adjustable non-slip handlebar, 4-ways padded seat (inseam height 25-35in) and a large range of resistance gives users a comfortable indoor riding experience. Workout your muscles / lose weight / enhance heart /lung function. 270 lbs weight capacity.
- ✅ 【LCD MONITOR & IPAD MOUNT】The LCD monitor on exercise bike tracks your time, speed, distance, calories burned and odometer. The gift IPAD holder allows you to enjoy exercising and music at the same time, making it easier to keep exercising.
- ✅【SAFE TO USE】The adjustable cage pedals on spinning bike protects you from a fast ride. Press the resistance bar to stop the flywheel immediately. The water bottle holder allows you to replenish water in time. Transport wheels help you easily move this cycle machine. All parts are protected and your little baby can't reach them.
- ✅【WHAT YOU GET】Not only a high quality exercise bike, but also 100% satisfied customer service. Installation video can help you complete the assembly faster, with 1 YEAR of free parts replacement. GET THIS YOSUDA CYCLE BIKE, AND START YOUR NEW YEAR FITNESS PLAN!
- STEP-THROUGH DESIGN – Featuring heavy-duty construction 14-gauge steel tubing with a powder coated finish, the step-through design allows maximum mobility during training for quick mounting and dismounting that is created easier for the knees and back.
- EIGHT RESISTANCE LEVELS – This stationary bike uses a magnetic resistance mechanism with 8 levels of resistance. The tension knobs control the difficulty to simulate riding on different terrains and customize your workout according to fitness level!
- EASY-TO-READ COMPUTER SCREEN – The ultra-functional LCD computer screen acts as a odometer and has a sharp panel display that shows time, speed, distance, and calories burned in extra-large numbers for great readability.
- COMFORTABLE PADDED SEAT – The equipment has an ergonomically designed saddle furnished with comfortable high-density foam. It features contoured foam-covered handles for extra support of the back and arms to help maintain proper form when exercising.
- COUNTERBALANCED PEDALS – Weighted pedals designed to provide maximal foot support while offering ultimate control. This bike is equipped with adjustable foot straps to create the perfect fit for your feet.
- ✔ Sturdy Construction: Our Exercise Bike equipped with a heavy-duty square tube with a heavy duty bidirectional flywheel 24.2 lbs and holds up to 330LBS, very stable and durable.
- ✔ Adjustable To Fit All Users: You can easily adjust the saddle’s height (33.5-38.5 in), the distance between your saddle and the handlebars and handlebar height (37.8-44 in), pedal toe clips with straps fit different shoe sizes.
- ✔ Adjustable Resistance: Switch up the intensity of your workout with the convenient tension knob. With a simple twist, you can increase or decrease resistance so your workout can remain challenging and effective throughout your fitness journey. Perfect for any user's skill level.
- ✔ Keep Track Of Your Workouts: LCD monitor displays scan, time, speed, distance, calories, and odometer. You can adjust your workout speed and intensity and set your workout timer using these datas.
- ✔ Warranty: 12 months. Longer warranty, better service, giving you 100% satisfication for this Indoor Cycling Bike. Customer satisfaction is our top priority.
- Solid x-frame design folds to just 18. 1" x 18. 1" of floor space when not in use
- Large anatomically designed seat and multi-grip padded handlebars are designed for long lasting comfort and support
- 2" x 1" LCD window is easy to read with all the necessary information - clearly displays speed, distance, time, calories, and pulse
- 8 levels of manual resistance are easily controlled through the large Dial tension knob for users of all fitness levels
- 3-piece pedal crank for added durability
- Powerful Yet Quiet: Equipped with an advanced belt-drive mechanism, the 40lb heavy-duty flywheel effectively simulates cycling and provides you with a powerful full-body workout that is much smoother than chain-driven riding. The spin bike itself runs quietly. (NOTE:Your product will be shipped within 48 hours of the order being placed)
- Adjustable Resistance: Twist the resistance knob to adjust the intensity and make your workout more challenging and effective. Press the knob to stop the flywheel immediately with the quick-stop braking system and thickened brake pad. The textured adjustable pedals prevent your feet from slipping.
- Solid & Stable: ANCHEER indoor stationary bike is made of a sturdy steel frame with a weight capacity of 330 lbs. The support bar at the bottom gives the static fitness bike stability, and 4 anti-slip suckers prevent it shaking or rocking. Suitable for both carpets and hardwood floors.
- Comfortable & Convenient: The cushioned seat can be adjusted up/down/forward/back and the handlebars can be adjusted up and down. This professional spin bicycle is best suited for people 4.1 to 6.5ft tall. The soft handlebars offer you a variety of hand positions while the water bottle holder and transport wheels bring additional convenience.
- Multi-Function Display: The console displays real-time workout information such as time, distance, speed, heart rate, and calories burned. Heart rate information comes from pulse sensors on the bike. The tablet mount allows you to enjoy music or watch videos as you work out. All our home exercise bike are quality-assured and we offer full product protection for a whole year. Purchase with confidence.
- Durable Type Frame - Designed with a durable frame with quiet flywheel, supports up to 330 lbs max user weight, ensures high stability. Allow for various tension levels which allow you to create an intense workout thus burning more calories.
- LCD Monitor Convenient Water Bottle Holder - The LCD monitor on exercise bike tracks your time, speed, distance, calories burned and odometer, The bottle rack under the seat keeps your water supply close at hand, to free you from pausing your exciting exercise and getting off the bike from time to time to keep hydrated
- Fully Customizable - Large and airy padded seating makes your riding more comfortable. Handle bars designed w/ various cycling hand grip positions for a higher intensity workout, the seat can be adjusted up/down and backward/forward so that the whole family of different heights and weights can use this one single Indoor Cycling Bike Trainer
- Easy Tension Adjustment - The resistance knob within easy reach allows you to adjust workout intensity based on your own preferences. Twist clockwise, you're upgrading your workout to the next level; and twist counterclockwise, you're decreasing tension for a milder phase.
- Easy To Move - With transportation wheels, easy to move the exercise to wherever you want. Enjoy the fun of exercise easily.
- ✅Unique Arc Frame Design -You can very easy to get on or get off this exercise bike. Not only that, it is used a soft SEAT and BACKEST which provide more effect and comfortable workout. It is very fit for rider of 4.8' to 6.2'
- ✅EASY Folding and Less Space - BCAN exercise bike is very easy to fold up to only 46”H * 22” L * 19.6” W'. When you want to put the exercise bike away, you can fold it up and use the wheels of the base
- ✅Large Screen and High Technology - This exercise bike is used 3.7" large LCD screen and set a fitness monitor that it can track your workout Heart Rate, Time, Speed, Distance and Calories. Keep fit from now
- ✅Unlimited Tension Adjustment - This stationary bike is used an Unlimited Magnetic Tension control system, allows the rider to adjust the tension for an easier or more difficult workout. Refer to the manual for troubleshooting steps of Tension system malfunction
- ✅BCAN Guarantee - Our folding exercise bike cover 30-DAY RETURN WITHOUT CONDITION and 12 MONTHS PARTS WARRANTY & 24 HOUR LIFETIME CUSTOMER SERVICE Guarantee - Our folding exercise bike cover 30-DAY RETURN WITHOUT CONDITION and 12 MONTHS PARTS WARRANTY & 24 HOUR LIFETIME CUSTOMER SERVICE
- ERGONOMIC SEATING: This bike ergonomically designed for optimum comfort and ease. Comes with a padded seat that can be adjusted 4 ways.
- ADJUSTABLE: Adjustable seat offers user comfort and stability (Seat inseam height Min 26 / Max 32 in). Simply twist the knob to add or remove resistance.
- TRACK YOUR FITNESS: Keep track of your performance and monitor your progress. The LCD monitor tracks your time, speed, distance and calories burned.
- FLYWHEEL AND DRIVE: The 22 lb flywheel offers high inertia and resistance allowing you to have precise control over your riding session. Chain drive mechanism provides a smooth and sturdy ride.
- COMFORT: Rubber foam paddle handle bars extend the duration of your workout. Toe clip pedals with straps will prevent feet from slipping. Max user weight limit 220 lb.
- Adjustable height grips and benches:Our exercise bikes are equipped with adjustable knobs below the front handles and rear seats . In the process of using the recumbent bike, you can adjust the knobs to reach the appropriate position. The seat cushion of the cycling bike can be adjusted back and forth to help you reach the most comfortable position. when you ride for a long time, you can exercise and stay comfortable.Upright bikes are suitable for 5-6 feet.
- Real-time understanding of your health:Our exercise bike with a data monitor, can let us know our real-time data in the exercise process, the monitor can track time, distance, scanning, speed, burning calories. You can see your results on the recumbent bike to keep pace and momentum and remember the calories you burn.
- Adjustable resistance:Our exercise bike has resistance system. We can adjust different resistance by turning the resistance knob in the middle of the cycling bike, so that you can feel different training difficulties, and provide you with a real and real road experience.
- Easy to move:There have two rollers in the front of the exercise bike. When you need to move the recumbent bike, you can hold the two handles of the cycling bike and press them down. Then you will find it easier to push it. We recommend that you use our products in the gym and other relatively empty places.
- Enjoyable cycling experience:The rubber sponge grip of the exercise bike can give you a comfortable cycling experience and prolong your cycling time. Cage pedals prevent foot slippage and provide more support when pedaling. Recumbent bike can support up to 220 pounds. If there is any quality problem in our cycling bike, please contact us at the first time.
- SMOOTH & QUIET STATIONARY BIKE - Equipped with sturdy steel frame and 35 lbs flywheel, you can get a stable and smooth ride at home, the belt driven system keeps the exercise quiet, it won’t disturb anyone who around you.
- CUSTOMIZED DESIGN - 2-way adjustable Multi-grip handlebar, 4-way padded seat adapt to any user type (for 5.1-6.5ft people), and with a large range of resistance you can challenge yourself all the time, wheels help you move it easily.
- DIGITAL EXERCISE - The LCD monitor tracks your time, speed, distance, calories and odometer, you can focus on your sports data anytime, and with the IPAD holder you can start a Cycling Journey right away with music or video.
- SAFE RIDING - The adjustable cage pedals on exercise bike protects you from a fast ride, you can press the resistance bar to stop the flywheel immediately, you can get the water in time with the water bottle holder is within arms reach.
- 100% SATISFACTION SERVICE - If you have any questions about the Ativafit exercise cycle, please feel free to contact us, we guarantee you a 12 months warranty return for no reason and lifetime warranty with FREE replacement parts.
Tell us About Your Pregnancy Fitness Routine:
Staying fit and active during pregnancy helps keep your heart beating at its best for you and Baby, keeps uncomfortable symptoms at bay, helps you sleep better, and ensures you’ll bounce back into shape after Baby is born. What workouts and exercises do you use to stay fit and active? We’d love to hear about them (and any questions you have for our panel)! Feel free to tell us about your pregnancy workouts in the comments section or to send us a private message through our contact us page. We’re super friendly and love hearing from our readers.
More Articles and Advice about Your Pregnancy Health and Fitness:
Do you want to keep fit but feel unsure about where to start with pregnancy exercise? Check out our guide to easy, yet effective, pregnancy workouts for women of all fitness levels.
If you’re going to be exercising, you need to make sure you’re giving your body (and your baby!) the fuel it needs. Read our guide to a healthy pregnancy diet here.
Yoga is a gentle and low-impact way to exercise during pregnancy. And it also has many other unexpected health benefits! Find out more about yoga during pregnancy here.
Looking for something to wear while you’re working out? Something that doesn’t cut into your ever-expanding belly? Look no further – we’ve got reviews of a quality range of modern pregnancy workout clothes right here.