What to Expect at 9 Months Pregnant
By the time you’ve been pregnant 9 months, the days and nights can seem really long and you’re looking forward to finally meeting your baby. Hang in there and try to avoid getting stressed, anxious, or depressed. You’re nearly there!
How Many Weeks is 9 Months Pregnant?
At the end of week 36 of your pregnancy, you’ll be 9 months pregnant. If your baby arrives on schedule at 40 weeks, you’ve got just 4 weeks left. There’s often a little confusion around how many weeks in 9 months pregnant. Just remember that the months of pregnancy are generally measured in lunar months – 28 days each – rather than calendar months which vary. So, 36 weeks pregnant is 9 months and, by the time you reach 40 weeks, you will have been pregnant for 10 lunar months. This article focuses on the 4 weeks between 9 months pregnant and 40 weeks pregnant.
Symptoms at 9 Months Pregnant:
The symptoms in your final month of pregnancy are mostly the result of your body preparing for labor and motherhood, and also of the strain that carrying puts on your body. Major symptoms in the last four weeks of pregnancy include:
- Leaking breasts: as your body prepares for parenting, your nipples might start to leak colostrum, the first creamy breast milk.
- Braxton Hicks Contractions: your body learning how to contract the uterus for labor.
- Leg, back, and pelvic pain: your muscles reacting to the extra weight you’re carrying.
- Bloody show: discharge streaked with blood, caused by the cervix softening for labor.
- Slowed fetal movement: your stomach has become really tight and there is less room for baby to somersault and flip – as long as movement doesn’t stop altogether, it’s nothing to worry about.
From 9 months on, you’ll be waiting anxiously for the first signs that labor is starting. But how do you tell the difference between late pregnancy symptoms and early labor signs? Find out more here.
Take a Closer Look at 9 Months Pregnant in Weeks:
Just like every other month of pregnancy, there’s still a whole lot of change and development in your final month. Click on your week to find out what to expect:
|37 Weeks Pregnant||38 Weeks Pregnant||39 Weeks Pregnant||40 Weeks Pregnant