8 Months Pregnant What to Expect
At 8 months pregnant you’re getting close to full term but there are lots of exciting developments happening inside the womb. Your baby’s immune system develops and gets to work, and your body practices for labor by giving you Braxton Hicks contractions, just to name a few.
How Many Weeks is 8 Months Pregnant?
At the end of week 32 of pregnancy, you’ll be 8 months pregnant (the general rule is that pregnancy is measured in lunar months – 28 days – instead of calendar months which are all different lengths). This article focuses on the four weeks between 8 months pregnant and 9 months pregnant.
Your Baby at 8 Months Pregnant:
- At 8 months pregnant Baby should weigh around 4 and a half pounds.
- By the time you’re 8 and a half months pregnant, he or she will be more than 5 pounds.
- When you reach the end of this month, the baby will weigh around 6 pounds (give or take a couple!). Growth will slow as the baby prepares for birth. Remember that we can only give a rough guide on fetal weight – some women have 6-pound babies and some can be 10 pounds or more!
Symptoms of 8 Months Pregnant:
The final months of pregnancy can feel really long, especially in the heat of summer. Some of the symptoms you may be contending with are:
- Swollen feet and ankles
- Loss of bladder control
- Abdominal cramping
- Mild breathlessness (your baby needs oxygen – if the breathlessness if severe you should contact your doctor).
Symptoms which may need medical attention:
There are some symptoms which can cause alarm bells in the final months of pregnancy and should be checked out. Contact your doctor if you experience:
- Any bleeding.
- Intense abdominal cramping.
- Puffiness of the hands and face.
- Dizziness and headaches.
Exercise for 8 Months Pregnant:
Insomnia, an aching back, sore legs, sciatica, and general tiredness can make it really hard to stay active at this stage of pregnancy. But regular stretching and exercises will actually ease many of the symptoms and help keep your strength and stamina up ready for labor and delivery. Check out our guide to exercise in the third trimester here.
More Detail on 8 Months Pregnant in Weeks:
Your body and your baby are changing day to day at this stage of pregnancy. It’s sometimes easier to look at the symptoms and developments in weeks, rather than months. Click on your week for more detailed information:
|33 Weeks Pregnant||34 Weeks Pregnant||35 Weeks Pregnant||36 Weeks Pregnant|