Changes and Developments when You’re Four Months Pregnant
At four months pregnant, you’re well into the second trimester of pregnancy. Your body should be well-adjusted to the pregnancy hormones and fatigue will wear off. Hopefully, you’ll experience the burst of energy known as the “nesting instinct”.
The other exciting thing is that you can have a 4 months pregnant ultrasound and find out the sex of your baby (if you choose to!).
How Many Weeks is 4 Months Pregnant?
At the end of your 16th week of pregnancy, you’ll be 4 months pregnant. Pregnancy is measured in lunar months (28 days each). In this article, we look at the weeks between 4 and 5 months pregnant.
4 Months Pregnant Symptoms:
- If it hasn’t already, morning sickness should definitely wear off by 4 months pregnant.
- You may find you’re really hungry but resist the temptation to “eat for two”. Fill up on fruits, vegetables, protein, and whole grains instead. You only really about 300 calories extra at this stage of pregnancy.
- As your belly grows, your skin has to stretch to accommodate it – you may start to notice some silvery stretch marks on your belly and breasts.
- The hormones start to do wonderful things at this stage of pregnancy. Your hair and skin should glow with health.
4 Months Pregnant Baby Size:
- Your baby at 4 months pregnant is about the size of your palm – 5 inches long and weighing around 5 ounces.
- By the time you’re 4 and a half months pregnant, Baby will be around the size of a mango – 6 inches long and nearly half a pound.
- And, at the end of this month, he or she will be as big as a small melon and weigh around 10 ounces.
4 Months Pregnant Belly Size:
At the stage, your belly has probably gone “pop” and you’ll be flaunting a tight little bump. But it’s impossible to give an average belly size for any of the stages of pregnancy. It depends on how big you were to start with, how much amniotic fluid you have, and how quickly your baby’s growing. Some women even find that they’re 4 months pregnant and not showing. Every pregnant belly is different.
Week by Week Guide to Pregnancy:
If you’d like more detailed information about what to expect at 4 months pregnant, click on any of the weeks in this month for a comprehensive guide to symptoms, developments, and important tasks:
|17 Weeks Pregnant||18 Weeks Pregnant||19 Weeks Pregnant||20 Weeks Pregnant|